Thursday, November 23, 2006

thankful

  • I am thankful for a wonderful supportive husband who is looking forward to being a wonderful supportive father.
  • I am thankful for a family that, despite its quirks, gets along and enjoys spending time together.
  • I am thankful for a set of in-laws and extended family that is welcoming and enthusiastic.
  • I am thankful for having abundant food, adequate warmth, and a soft bed in which to sleep.
  • I am thankful for generous and loving friends.
  • I am thankful for a baby that continues to grow and amaze me, while only causing me the usual discomforts.
  • I am thankful that my husband finds my pregnant body even more attractive than usual.
  • I am thankful for a boss and colleagues that are accommodating and supportive of my choices.
  • I am thankful to live in an era where little girls can grow up to be scientists and stay-at-home moms.
  • I am thankful for my mom who encouraged my curiousity, yet kept me grounded.
  • I am thankful for my brother who is full of talent and energy.
  • I am thankful for my life.

2 comments:

Sicilian said...

Science. . . . you have made some excellent observations of things to be thankful for this holiday season. . . .
Safe travels back home.
Ciao

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for ScienceWoman!