Thursday, November 16, 2006

sometimes it's a very very small town

I want to have a doula to assist in having a natural child-birth, and I finally fish on board with the idea. I mentioned this to MicrobeGirl (who is due on Tuesday) and she mentioned that she had a friend who knew someone who was a doula-in-training. (Doulas in training are free, trained doulas are ~$500).

So it turns out that:
  1. MicrobeGirl's friend (MGF) is the other pregnant lady I talk to in the breakroom at work.
  2. The doula in training is a PhD student who works in the next building.
  3. The doula in training is the woman who I contacted on Craigslist about a stroller a few weeks back. We checked out the stroller but decided not to buy it.
  4. So, MicrobeGirl's friend's friend (who I've met) may help with my childbirth. Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by the idea of the knowledge and support base doulas and midwifes add to birth. I can't wait to see how it goes.