Tuesday, October 24, 2006

progress!

I set a goal for myself: get the next paper ready for submission.
And a tentative timeline: submit by next Friday (11/3)
And I broke it up into tasks.
This morning I picked a task and got started on it.

Yes, I read a bunch of blogs and scoured the craigslist postings for changing tables, zooper strollers, and medela breast pumps, but I also found my notes on how to put confidence intervals on these statistical analyses and did the calculations.

Now I am going to pick ChemGuy up from the airport. He's here for a few days to use some equipment that they don't have set up yet at his post-doc palace and he's staying with fish and I. Hopefully he'll also get a chance to meet with my undergrad about some of the chemical details in his thesis. (poor undergrad, he's taking the GREs on Thursday)

And then when I get back from the airport, I am going to ignore the earth moving equipment outside my office (vibrating the floor and desk) and I am going to figure out how to revise the text and figures of the paper to incorporate the new confidence intervals.

It feels good to do science again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I really like the baby progress thingy along the top of your blog. It's extra cool. Almost getting pregnant again! Maybe not. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

yay for you! I should set some deadlines too, I guess.