Thursday, October 19, 2006

Progress?

It's been one of those days when I've been at work for hours and I've dealt with things both work-related and not, but I feel like I haven't made any progress on anything. Emails read, endnoting done, benefits choices scoped out, but not one piece of science accomplished. When I whine later about how I needed to get another paper out by the end of the month - remind me of this wasted day.

Anyhow, Bitch PhD has this interesting pointer to the National Advocates for Pregnant Women. If I weren't so lethargic I would check it out.

2 comments:

brother said...

I empathize. On an average day I'm stuck doing paperwork, responding to e-mails, and doing everything I don't want to do until at least 1PM. And that's with my own business - no academia red tape. People ask me why I don't go home at 5. If I did that and took an hour off for lunch, I'd only be getting a minimum of 3 hours of work in.

Anonymous said...

Better days will come. At least you're not as big a slug as I am.