Tuesday, July 04, 2006

blissful time off

I've spent the last 3 and a half days doing just about anything other than working on my dissertation. I've had two long walks with the princess pup (and at least a half dozen shorter ones), bought patio furniture with Business Man, done some yard work and some laundry, napped all afternoon, worked on gen(ie)'s quilts, watched some bits of movies and generally lazed about. And it's been really really nice.

I feel like this is my last bit of free time before the panic really kicks in about the dissertation. (It probably helps that the defense date isn't quite set.) I wish that I had about 4 more days to just loll about. I want to go hiking, camping, and swim in a mountain lake. I want to read a novel late into the night. But those will have to wait a few months until life after the PhD.

2 comments:

Propter Doc said...

You deserved some time off! Makes the 'final push' on the dissertation and stuff so much easier when you feel fresh. Just think of all the great stuff you can do when you finish ;-)

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I'm still waiting to do all the stuff you can do when you finish... oh sorry, that's not helpful. :)