- via GreenGabbro, wage gaps in science.
- via Tomorrow's Professor, "proof and prejudice: women in mathematics."
- in Nature, "Societies spurn women editors" (need institutional or individual subscription)
- in Science, "Progress in hiring women science faculty members stalls at MIT" (need institutional or individual subscription)
- via SFTR, Harvard's implicit associations tests include one on Women-Science-Men-Liberal Arts. I'll confess that I apparently have a slightly stronger implicit association of men with science than with liberal arts (or women with science), but I'll propose that the result is influenced by the order the associations were tested and my 4.5 hours of sleep last night.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Women in science buzz
A few snippets seen around recently: