Tuesday, March 21, 2006

writer's block

So my resolution to write 250 words a day (non-blog?)....Friday I squeezed out 199, this weekend nothing, and today only 90. I could make excuses about how I need to finish some more data analysis before I can really write up the results or how I should read that stack of articles before working more on the intro, but I won't.

And, even worse, my writer's block has spilled over too blog thoughts. I just feel to fractured right now to really compose any posts. So I won't.

But just as soon as I get over this hump, I'll be back.

Happy equinox.

2 comments:

*statgirl* said...

FYI: New Kid has an excellent post about writing. Great advice about getting going, setbacks, and a reminder to forget about the days when we do not meet our goals.

Giwilks said...

Break through writer's block


Call it a brain freeze or writer's block, but few things are as frustrating as staring a blank paper or computer screen waiting for the just the right words to convey a message. And for every copywriter that has struggled while waiting for the bolt of inspiration to hit, Alpha Books is pleased to offer the new book The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Copywriter’s Words and Phrases. This simple, easy to use resource is designed to aid copywriters in almost any industry or for any topic in finding ideas, words, and phrases to help them write more effective, catchy, exciting marketing, advertising, and promotional copy. Written by Kathy Kleidermacher, Copy Director for one of New York’s largest publishing houses, the book includes synonyms, related words and phrases, expressions, and triggers for larger creative concepts for more than 50 industries, including more than 200 words and phrases by industry type including “attention getters,” “new and improved,” “special offers” and more! Organized like a true reference tool, the guide includes five chapters on the ins and outs of successful copywriting including facts on consumer behavior, grammar basics, and tips for writing strong headlines and promotional copy.
If you would like to talk with Kathy to learn some tricks of the copywriting trade or for a review copy of her book, please contact Tina Weinheimer, tinawpr@aol.com, (708) 366-1084; or Gardi Wilks, (708) 366-8389, gardi@wilkspr.com.