Saturday, March 18, 2006

iTunes Oracle Meme

If you don't feel like reading yet another self-indulgent meme ... stop right here.

Seen all over the place: Most recently at BrightStar's and AAYOR.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

Note: This is surprisingly fun to do. Try it.

How does the world see you?

"All my heart this night rejoices" Cambridge Singers/John Rutter
(Well this is sure starting auspiciously, but I know for sure that I don't have a Messiah complex)

Will I have a happy life?
"All I Want is You" U2
(Since I'm already married, I could take this as a yes. But I suppose "you" could be my unconceived children. So the jury is still out.)

What do my friends really think of me?
"You Were Meant For Me" Jewel
(Aw Shucks, ya'll are great too.)

Do people secretly lust after me?
"Geek USA" Smashing Pumpkins
(Apparently only the nerds)

How can I make myself happy?
"A Moment to Myself" Macy Gray
(Seems strangely appropriate)

What should I do with my life?
"The Old Apartment" Bare Naked Ladies
(Not sure what to make of this. That I shouldn't let go of old relationships? (the context of the song) or that I should renovate houses?)

Will I ever have children?
"Wungal" David Hudson
What the hell! I got a wordless digeridoo tune! I want a new go around.

What is some good advice for me?

"You" Stellar
(What sort of advice is that? Sample lyric: "You're unaware that the fool in me still cares...for the fool in you. This makes me sound like I'm hung up on some old flame, but I'm not.)

How will I be remembered?
"Stupid" Sarah McLachlan
(UH OH! But I do really like this song. What does that say about me?)

What is my signature dancing song?

"Santa Monica"Savage Garden
(this is SO not my signature dancing song - not sure what is, but this is NOT it. In fact, I can't imagine dancing to this song. It's a little creepy.)

What do I think is my current theme song?
"Sunday Morning" No Doubt
(not really.)

What does everyone think my current theme song is?
"Better Be Home Soon" Crowded House
(Yep, I bet that's what Princess Pup and Business Man think every day. But I don't think they know the tune.)

What song will play at my funeral?
"Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables
(At least it will be recognized that I had dreams.)

What type of men / women do you like?
"Happy Woman Blues" Lucinda Williams
(This one should have come up as my current theme song.)
What is my day going to be like?
"It's Alright (sic)" Indigo Girls
(not too good, not too bad. I got a nice walk with Princess Pup in this morning while it was sunny, sewed a little, ran errands with BusinessMan and then went to school to do work, and soon I'll go rent a movie and go home to a fire in the stove and a happy husband and dog...and with that I'll get back to to work).

5 comments:

Writer Chica said...

Wish I had an iPod so I could do this meme. The answer to your children question may mean that your first child will be one (wun) girl (gal) and that she will like playing an instrument, but not like singing (wordless song). :)

Scarlett said...

You have broken two cardinal rules of Southern speech. Rule #1: Never write out "y'all". Rule #2: If you choose to break the first rule, realize that y'all is a contraction of the words 'you' and 'all'. G.R.I.T.S. thank you.

ScienceWoman said...

Chica - Wow. Way to put a positive spin on it.

Scarlett - I didn't realize that y'all shouldn't be written in a conversational tone. And deep apologizes for totally putting the apostrophe in the wrong place. I did know what the contraction was, and I don't know why I screwed it up. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Does the inclusion of Stellar and Crowded House indicate that you're a New Zealander?

ScienceWoman said...

Dear anonymous: No I am not a New Zealander but I did spend a fabulous month there a few years ago and I would absolutely love to go back. Are there more Kiwi bands I should investigate?