Random observations/events (i.e. random bullets o' crap [note: credit due to the person who coined that phrase - I just can't remember who])
- Got reviews back on my submitted paper. (thinking about writing more about this one)
- Got a phone interview for friday with a teaching-intensive university (very different than Big School in just about every respect)
- After snowfall (!) last week, this weekend was sunny and gorgeous and I got three good walks in with the Princess Pup. (saw a great blue heron in our stream)
- And I made progress on the next baby quilt.
- Hardest interview question: "What would you consider the #1 school in your subdiscipline?" I don't pay attention to rankings!
- I really really need to get writing on the next paper. Where's the fire under my butt when I need it? That's one thing I dislike about academia, so much of your success depends on self-imposed deadlines for pieces of projects.
- We're making portobello burgers tonight. I'm gonna give up now and head to the grocery store and get the mushrooms. (that last sentence is interesting standing on its own.)