Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday's random

Just wanted to check in and let ya'll know how grateful I am for your support. As the idea of Big School starts to sink in it doesn't seem all that bad. And I came up with a potential plan for a kick-ass post-doc situation if I don't get the job. I'd still like to get another interview but...

In other news, yesterday Business Man and I went to do some field work. He's become a much more supportive field assistant in the past few months, and with all the excitement we encountered yesterday, I wouldn't have wanted to be with anyone else. The story, by the numbers:
  • 5 field sites on itinerary
  • 4 field sites visited
  • 2 field sites and data loggers with damage as a result of recent crazy weather
  • 1 data logger without weather damage but now compromised as a result of our clutziness
  • 1 Subaru completely stuck in the snow on the way to the 5th stop on our itinerary
  • 2 passers-by who stopped to help
  • 1 tow rope offered
  • 1 big Chevy who agreed to pull us out
  • 1 big Chevy stuck in the snow
  • 3 hours spent getting both vehicles out
  • 2 steak dinners enjoyed at a local inn to celebrate getting out of the snow
  • 3 very tired adventurers - Science Woman, Business Man, and the Princess Pup

And in a pitiful revival of the tired iPod Random 10, here's what I've been treated to this morning
1. South side - Moby and Gwen Stefani
2. Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
3. Just Like a Woman - Bob Dylan
4. The Old Apartment - B@re N@ked L@dies
5. River - Joni Mitchell
6. Luck Be a Lady - Frank Sinatra
7. Society's Child - Janis Ian
8. 1963 - New Order
9. Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
10. Ultraviolet (light my way) - U2
Apparently, my iPod is in a retro mood.

No comments: