So instead, I'll send you off to do some good blog reading: I've had time to read very few of these myself, but I wish I could, and maybe I will.
- PhD mom is working on a series about writing your first paper. Very appropos given that one of things I can't write about right now is writing my first paper.
- Tangled Bank is a collection of the self-selected "best" science blogging of the past two weeks. All of it looks fascinating, but the most relevant to my blog seem to be:
- The worst things about science
- Second year blues
- The Art/Science divide - in something called the science creative quarterly. Confused? They are too.
- Blueprint to improve science journalism - for you, writerchica
- She falters to rise According to her profile: "A doctoral student, a scientist, a wife, an artist, a closet-soap-opera-actress wannabe, a former farm girl, a current city chic, a writer, a paranoid freak, an extroverted introvert --- and yet, I have no cape."
- Life in graduate school She says "'Im a second-year master's student in earth sciences. I love paleobotany and I want to continue in that field, but I'm currently working in other areas. I'm married to another grad student, and our life together is a constant adventure."