Tuesday, July 12, 2005

ha ha ha

I read yesterday on Science's NextWave that you should limit yourself to only spending 1.5 to 2 hours preparing each hour of classroom time. I'm probably around 5-10 hours (depending on lecture or lab). Can anyone honestly say that they spend only 2 hours writing a lecture or setting up an inquiry activity? If so, please tell me how. And please explain how you can expect your students to spend 2-3 hours studying for each hour of class time if you're only willing to put in less than that yourself. But more importantly, tell me how to reduce my class prep time!

1 comment:

Writer Chica said...

Hi! Sorry it has been so long. Me have no energy. Really want to comment on your last 6 or so blogs. Very interesting stuff. I'm getting caught up on some other stuff, but will be out of town this weekend and will work next Mon and Tues. night. Soooo, maybe by next wed or thurs I can scrounge some evening time for comments. Thinking of you!
Writer Chica